Wednesday, November 13, 2013

NaNoWriMo

So, it's November, which is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).  The goal, if you haven't head about it, is to write 50,000 words in the month, essentially a novel.  I told myself that I was up to the challenge...HA!  It's Nov 13th and I am only at 6638 words.  That means I would have to write almost 2500 a day, every day, to finish on time.  Well, that's not going to happen.  But at least I tried, and I will continue to try to see if I can get even half way there.  50,000 words is a LOT of words, right?

I think that it's been so hard for me because I selected to write a novel based on what is going on in my life, and that's a little challenging.  It's hard enough for me to be honest with myself about what's going on in my life, let alone try to put it down on paper.  How do you talk about suicide and how many times you wish you could have completed it?  How do I accurately describe what it's like when I self-harm when it usually happens in a state of fog.  And am I really ready to share all the details, the very private parts of my life, with the world?

Sigh, it's a challenge.  I think I need to think about it some more and maybe try again next year.

In other news, the Interview Day for the PsyD program is tomorrow and I am so nervous.  I have been wanting to get into this program for so long, I don't know what will happen if I don't get in.  Well, I have a good idea of what will happen, but let's keep it positive for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment