Saturday, September 14, 2013

Just do it

Yup.....I'm gonna do it.....Just going to suck it up and do it.

I'm going to apply for the PsyD program at the Illinois School for Professional Psychology.

It's my dream, and I am going to reach for it.  I have already sent requests to people for forms of recommendation, and I filled out the actual application.  I still have to write my statement of intent.  I am little worried about that, but I know that I am an excellent writer (smiles), so hopefully that should be easy.

The downside, $$$$.  I will have enough in student loans to more than cover the tuition, but it's the every day bills that we will need to cover.  The kids go to private school, and I am not sure that's something that I am willing to sacrifice.  We can probably cut down on the cable bill and the cell phones, going out to eat and Starbuck's coffees will be a luxury item instead of a staple.  I have always been good with the grocery bill and keeping the house stocked, but I can do it for about $75 a week. 

And, it's only 5 years.

5 years.  Wow, that's not a lot of time.  5 years ago I had two babies and was pregnant with my third.  I had just completed my Master's Degree and had a great job at DeVry University. 

Time flies.

I just need a little more self confidence that I can do this.  And I am working on that with Dr. C.  And I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment