Sunday, August 4, 2013

When You Are At The Crossroads Between Failing and Flying

I've been playing a lot this week and weekend.  Playing on that line between failing and failing.  I have had some AWESOME days this week, when things actually fell into place and I felt I was on a good path.  And I have had some days where I felt like throwing in the towel.  I guess this is recovery, that this is what it's like to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and keep walking.  Dr. C says that recovery is like going up a mountain, but the road is not straight, it has bumps and holes that you fall over and climb out of.

I hate bumps and holes.

For right now, all I can do is keep going.  I need to remember that a stumble is not a failure, it's me learning how to do things a better way.  I need to learn that when I am in the hole that I HAVE the coping skills to get out; I just need to use them.

(Wow, this is a really positive post for me.  Don't worry, it really is me....just in a good place.  I am sure I will be back to blogging in a more negative place later in the week  :)  )



No comments:

Post a Comment