Saturday, September 21, 2013

Stressed and more stressed

So, as most of you know, I am applying to get my doctorate!  What a stressful thing!  I am so surprised, I really didn't think that it was going to be that difficult.

I went yesterday to meet with the admissions advisor in person, we had only been chatting over the phone, and the beginning of the conversation went well.  They had gotten my application, my statement, my transcripts.  He had even received the first of three of my forms of recommendation.  I say "form of recommendation" because that's what it was.  A simple form with several boxes to check.  Then he tells me that each form also needs a letter.  A letter?  I looked at the form he had and pointed out that it states a letter is OPTIONAL.  He apologizes, said he knows he forgot to tell me sooner, but each recommendation needs to have a letter as well.  He states he cannot move the application along until it does.  I try to play it cool, but on the inside I am DYING.  It was hard enough as it was to get three people to agree to fill out the form, let alone go back now and ask for a letter. 

I let it consume me.  And my day.  I tried not to panic, and to think of something healthy to do instead.  So, I went and got my hair cut.  And by cut, I mean 6 inches chopped off.  And dyed.  From strawberry blonde to brown with caramel highlights.  It looks AWE-SOME!  It made me feel soooo much better.

When I got home, I e-mailed all three of my references.  I have heard back from two, one who won't be able to do it for over a month and one who will do it this weekend.  The third is out of town, so I will have to wait until Monday to talk to her.  So, back to the drawing board to find a 3rd reference.  

Big sigh....up and down....down and up....

No comments:

Post a Comment