Thursday, September 12, 2013

6AM Muffins

I have gotten into a bad habit.  :)

I started, about two weeks ago, to make fresh muffins for my kids before they went to school.  It was a guilt thing, the depression was bad and I knew that I wasn't paying as much attention to them as I should.  It was also a way to try and start the day off on a good foot.  It worked (kind-of) for a limited time, but now the issue is they want them every day!  I agreed to 2-3 days a week, but have slacked this week since L has strep throat and we haven't been getting much sleep.

I woke up this morning after having a dream about getting my PsyD.  Ahh... it was a good dream.  I have been wanting to get back into a Graduate Program since I started one in 2009 but didn't finish.  But the cost, OMG, as I calculated it all out, almost $120,000!  We are struggling to pay the mortgage and my previous student loans right now, let alone add on more debt.  So, I did the next logical thing which is to search for Scholarships.  If I was from Non-European dissent and I was willing to work in underprivileged areas, I would be set.  Sigh...back to the drawing board.

I also had this BRILLIANT idea that I emailed Dr. C about....I have been struggling in our sessions to talk and express my needs, but I can write her an e-mail about it in no time.  I am thinking that pre-session I am going to write it out, as if I am sending her an e-mail, and then print and take it.  That way if I get caught up, I will have it in front of me as a go to.  Like a shopping list for a grocery store.  I am sure I am far from the first person to think of that, but whatever works, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment