Friday, July 26, 2013

On being pathetic

pa·thet·ic

/pəˈTHetik/

Adjective
  1. Arousing pity, esp. through vulnerability or sadness.
  2. Miserably inadequate
 
****
 
I am pathetic. 
 
I am miserably inadequate. 
 
I am pathetic because I seek approval from all the wrong people. 
 
I am pathetic because, aside from my husband who is my best, I don't really have friends. 
 
I am pathetic because despite my training as a counselor, I cannot deal with my own anxiety and depression. 
 
I am pathetic because, again, despite what I have learned to be factually true, I believe that cutting will make me feel better and allow me to escape from pain. 
 
I am pathetic because I make poor choices that go against what I know to be right. 
 
I am pathetic because I know intellectually how to "fix" this situation that I am in, but I cannot put that into practice.
 
I am pathetic because I believe all of the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment